- 70g (5 tbsps) unsalted butter, cold from fridge is ok
- 2 large eggs
equipment (only if you don’t have these at home already)
- 1 medium mixing bowl
2 medium microwave-safe bowls
- hand mixer & medium bowl OR stand mixer with whip attachment
- baking sheet or cookie sheet (ideally 2)
- cooling rack
- a tall glass or cup
Please read the recipe card before watching the video!
tips & resources
- Before baking, please read the recipe through and note the ingredients, steps, tools and equipment, and the total time needed to finish the recipe. This is actually a very simple step but it can make or break your baking results!
- On melting chocolate in the microwave: Microwave in 20 to 30 second increments until all the pieces are just about melted. Finish by stirring the chocolate with a spatula until you have a smooth mixture. When we were doing our recipe testing it took us 1 minute and 20 seconds, but microwaves vary so watch out for visual clues.
- On scooping the batter into the baking sheet: If the consistency is too thin for scooping, leave the batter at rooom temperature for about 5 minutes, then check again. The chocolate thickens as it cools, but loses its shine as well so don’t let it sit our for too long.
- Bake one tray of cookies at a time in the oven. Scoop the batter into the baking sheet just before you bake them. It is okay for the remaining batter to sit at room temperature while the first batch is in the oven.
- Have more questions about the recipe? Just drop an email at [email protected] and we’ll gladly help you. 😀