Even non-oatmeal eaters will eat these oatmeal cookies! These cookies have a chewy middle and a crispy outside – a perfect compromise?!
Before I have made this recipe of oatmeal cookie, here’s how each family member in our household feels about oatmeal:
My husband eats oatmeal for breakfast but doesn’t like it in his cookies; my picky eater daughter doesn’t like oatmeal at all; and I don’t like eating oatmeal, except if it’s in a form of cookie.
One time I was craving for some oatmeal cookie so I made a small batch, expecting that it would only be me who would have to finish all of them. Imagine my surprise (and my big smile) when my daughter ate most of them and my husband kept some for himself in his office! I hope this cookie will also make your special someone love oatmeal too!
Customize your oatmeal cookie
Easily customize your oatmeal cookie by replacing the chocolate chip and walnuts with whatever you like! Here are some ideas to start:
- bits of mixed dried fruits
- white chocolate pieces
- butterscotch chocolate pieces
- coconut flakes
- chopped pecans
Do you have the measurements in cups?
All baking recipes in this site have been developed using weight measurements. I am not posting cup equivalents as I have not tested making this recipe in that method. Cups are not only inconsistent, their volume equivalents vary worldwide! Having precise measurements allows for consistently amazing desserts. Baking is all about science isn’t it? A kitchen scale is an amazing investment if you are serious about baking and I cannot recommend it enough.
Tried this recipe and loved it?
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on this site, I would love to know! Rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Or tag @thebakeologie on Instagram and hashtag it #bakeologie !
Chocolate Chip and Walnut Oatmeal Cookie
- 113 grams unsalted butter room temperature
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 50 grams white granulated sugar
- 2 grams ground cinnamon
- 2 grams vanilla extract
- 2 grams baking soda
- 94 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 grams salt
- 1 piece large egg
- 100 grams quick rolled oats
- 80 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 80 grams walnuts chopped into small pieces
- PREPARATION. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH. Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter for about 30 seconds on medium speed. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until combined and occasionally scrape the bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, and baking soda. Gradually add to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- ASSEMBLE: Using a small ice cream scoop or a rounded spoon (about a tablespoon), spoon the dough onto the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2.5 inches apart.
- BAKING AND COOLING. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are light brown and centers appear set. Cool on cookie sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.