These Triple Chocolate Cookies are an indulgent treat for all you chocoholics! The ultimate dark chocolate cookie, made richer with semi-sweet chocolate chips. The bonus part? It’s easy to make, and no hand-held or stand mixer needed.
These cookies are different from your normal chocolate cookie. It has a deep flavor of chocolate because of the combination of the melted bittersweet chocolate, the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and the dutch processed cocoa. Talk about triple intense chocolate flavor!
When baked, these triple chocolate cookies are soft yet chewy and gooey in texture.
What is Dark Chocolate?
Dark chocolate has a more pronounced chocolate taste than milk chocolate because of the absence of milk solids that compete with the taste of chocolate. It is often distinguished by the percentage of cocoa solids in the bar. The cocoa content of commercial dark chocolate bars can range from 60% to 70%, or even 80% for extremely dark bars.
Dark chocolate is also known as bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate. Generally speaking, semi-sweet will have more sugar, thus less cacao then bittersweet. When you see high-end bars and they state the percent of cacao, like 60% chocolate liquor, the higher the percentage the less sweet. I think semi-sweet will generally be in the 40-50% range while the bittersweet will be around 60% or more.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 65 grams bittersweet chocolate at least 60% cocoa
- 113 grams butter unsalted
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams eggs from about 2 large eggs
- 4 grams vanilla extract
- 125 grams bleached all-purpose flour
- 43 grams Dutched-process cocoa powder
- 3 grams baking soda
- 3 grams granulated salt
- 100 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
- PREPARATION: Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- MELT THE CHOCOLATE AND BUTTER. In a double boiler, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate together. Set aside.
- COMBINE THE WET INGREDIENTS. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the melted chocolate mixture.
- COMBINE THE DRY INGREDIENTS. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- ASSEMBLY. Gradually add the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Using a small ice cream scoop (1 tablespoon), spoon the dough onto the lined baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- BAKE THE COOKIES. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are crackly in appearance but still soft in the center. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking to ensure even baking results. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before servings.